rMBP 15" 2012 big problem!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AndersVorup, Mar 16, 2014.

1. AndersVorup macrumors newbie

Hi guys.

I really need some advice here. My RMBP 15" suddenly just started to be slow and very warm. I haven't been doing anything other than I normally do. Suddenly the Macbook just getting warm by searching the web or playing music from iTunes.

I have 50GB free space on my SSD, so i don't think that it should be a problem.

Would like to know if any of you have any recommendations, or even better have the solution?

Many thanks!

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

You'll need to provide much more information. What processes are running? OS version? Mods? Patches?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you try rebooting to see if that solves the problem?

4. AndersVorup thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm running OS X Mavericks 10.9.2, haven't customized anything or so. Just the simple normal updates and all that.

5. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I'd suggest trying an SMC reset. My dad's rMBP would do a similar thing from time to time, and the reset would fix it.

Shut down, plug into power if not already, press Shift + Ctrl + Option (Alt) + Power simultaneously (use the keys on the left), release and power back on.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

6. AndersVorup thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, that helped me a lot!

7. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

Awesome, I'm glad to hear it. Hopefully Apple will release an SMC update to fix this problem. Seems to happen fairly often, but at least it's not more serious!