rMBP 15" 2013 vs Haswell

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bobbydd21, Jun 13, 2013.

1. bobbydd21 macrumors regular

I had decided to wait for Haswell in the fall before upgrading to the rMBP but I just had the opportunity to buy the high end rMBP 15" 2013 new for $1900. I just couldn't pass down that price so I had to get it. However, my question is how do you guys think the high end early-2013 15" rMBP will compare to the base model of the new 15" rMBP with Haswell, as the base model would of been all I could afford.

2. Crzyrio macrumors 65816

You will not see to big of a difference performance wise.

What haswell will have :
    Slightly better battery
    WiFi AC
    Faster read/write speeds to the ssd

Not to much of a difference if you do not rely on Wifi/

3. sick z33 macrumors 6502

Pretty much what Crzrio stated. :)

4. pnyc macrumors 6502

I think that in the addition to what has already been mentioned the battery life should be significantly better, although it's relative what people consider significant, it probably won't be as much of an improvement as the Airs got but for me even 2 more hours would be significant.

The GPU should be better too both integrated and discrete.

Judging from the information that's available right now the upcoming update is just that an update, so generally there shouldn't be much difference between the computer you just bought and the upcoming one that is unless you specifically really on the technologies that are getting updated i.e. battery, wireless, gpu the ssd.