Price Advice rMBP 15 2014 vs 2015

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by idufour, Nov 12, 2015.

1. idufour macrumors member

Hi!

I´m looking for a new MBP, I have a late 2011 13" but I need more raw power... I was convinced that the 2015 rMBP 15" is the solution I was searching for but then I realized that they have a 2 year old processor.... for a 2.5K machine :eek:

Do you know when are they updating the processor?

I´m watching the mid 2014 rMBP, is much difference with the last model? Is a much fair price tag with the offering...

I appreciate any advice :)

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Yep they never swapped to braodwell it wasn't released in time for the update. It's looking like march/april next year before intel releases the skylake chips relevant to the 15 inch rMBP.

If you aren't going for the one with teh dGPU then it makes no difference if you get last years to be honest if you get the one with dGPU then the newer one is more powerful. Faster SSD's and forcetouch the only other difference.

3. idufour thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Samuel, I´m going for the one with dGPU, It will the forcetouch will make any difference?

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

No difference no just not able to use the force touch abilities in certain apps you'll never notice though.