Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

rMBP 15" and X-plane

dcaccount

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2013
Hello,

I have tried to install x-plane 10 demo on my rMBP 15" mid 2014 with dedicated GPU.

After an hour, I stopped the installation as it had become quite hot, about 90 degree c.

I know that rMBP tends to run hot under heavy load applications but in this case it was just the installer of a program.

I wonder if anyone of you is playing with x-plane 10 and if it has experienced the same behavior.

Thanks
Daniele

dcaccount

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2013
Hello,

I have tried to install x-plane 10 demo on my rMBP 15" mid 2014 with dedicated GPU.

After an hour, I stopped the installation as it had become quite hot, about 90 degree c.

I know that rMBP tends to run hot under heavy load applications but in this case it was just the installer of a program.

I wonder if anyone of you is playing with x-plane 10 and if it has experienced the same behavior.

Thanks
Daniele

Hello,
anyone using x-plane 10 with rMBP?

Thanks in advance, Daniele

Comment

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
1. It took over an hour to install a program?
2. Don't worry if the computer gets hot. It is designed to shut itself off automatically if it actually overheats

Comment

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Hello,

Thanks
Daniele

90 degrees is fine for the computer, it knows how to protect itself from overheating. Go ahead and install x-plane.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.