rMBP 15' base - no sound in games bootcamp w7 ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jamieNERO, Nov 10, 2012.

1. jamieNERO macrumors newbie

So i have set up boot camp for one reason only to be able to play the pc games i love on my mac. Problem being after installing everything setting up windows and setting the sound to stereo i only hear system sounds. I know the Cirrus drivers are correct but can't figure out why skyrim/football manager/dishonoured/fable 3 and Game of Thrones have no sound...

Any idea's?

Cheers

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Did you install the Windows support software Boot Camp Assistant had available to burn to disc or to USB drive? Can you use Wi-Fi, the FaceTime camera in Windows?

3. Sesshy macrumors newbie

Do the system sounds sound faint and tinny compared to what you'd expect under OSX? The 15" retina Macbook actually has four physical speakers, two tweeters and two woofers, I guess you'd call them, and when I first installed boot camp I had a problem where W7 would only use the tweeters for playback. Have you installed the latest nVidia drivers?

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/50007

Get the 306.97 drivers for the 650M here, and these will also update the audio drivers. After that you should have no problems.