rMBP 15" late 2013 Case Creaking?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pscl, Dec 9, 2013.

1. pscl macrumors 6502

hi

i noticed a very annoying creaking while pressing on the cassis. on my rmbp its on the right side, next to the trackpad, and on the bottom.

anyone of u noticed that?
    replacement?

its like that: (not my macbook)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irmhSZwMhIk

2. Branskins macrumors 65816

That is why I got my first replacement.

However, with hindsight, the screen of that one was superior to my replacement. So if you feel that your screen suits you perfectly (no yellowing, uniform, etc...), then you may want to try to get it repaired.

However, sending a new machine in for repair so soon seems kind of ridiculous. I would say not to settle and get it replaced until you are satisfied. My experience with Apple support has been amazing to say the least

3. pscl thread starter macrumors 6502

my screen is fine...

but i dont really know if its worth the risk of a yellowish replacement :D but... for 2400€ i want an almost perfect laptop. repair would be ok for me... if its in store.

i think im gonna visit my retailer tomorrow.

do i get a refurb mbp (like iphone replacements) or do i get a new one?

4. jondunford macrumors 6502

jondunford

they repair yours or give you a new one

5. pscl thread starter macrumors 6502

i talked to my reseller. they wont exchange the macbook at the first time of complaint. They will fix it instore.

Its fine for me, cause my display is almost fine... i didnt notice any yellow-tint or ghosting (samsung display) and i dont like the risk of getting a bad replacement.

6. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

I would like to suggest for you to inspect the screws prior to leaving. They tend to damage the head of the screw that it will look rounded and have sharp edges that will snag clothing. I returned one for a refund for the mentioned reason. Not worth having a brand new system with rounded or stripped screws.

7. Baadshah macrumors 6502

Just return it and get a new one. Repair on a new machine is not acceptable.

8. pscl, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013

pscl thread starter macrumors 6502

the reseller said that apple didn't exchange at the first time of a complaint. its a reseller... not apple itself.

Does anyone know where can I find the guidelines under which conditions apple RESELLERS are able to replace macbooks in the first year?