rMBP 15" now or wait for Haswell?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JeffStelling, Aug 9, 2013.

  1. JeffStelling macrumors newbie

    Aug 9, 2013
    Im a student studying Graphic Design, Photography and illustration. I need to use all Adobe applications, having numerous open at once.

    I plan on getting a Retina Macbook Pro definitely 15", i'm wondering whether or not I should just purchase one now or wait until whenever they release a haswell version?

    Also would I need 8GB or 16GB of ram considering the added speed from the SSD?
  2. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020


    Jun 10, 2010
    Well...it depends. How tight of a budget are you on and how fast do you need it?
  3. JeffStelling thread starter macrumors newbie

    Aug 9, 2013
    Not that tight, as i'm planning on selling my old computer whilst it still has some value. Again, i don't need it this second but I dont want to wait to find out that the Haswell's end up being delayed and delayed..
  4. Tankmaze macrumors 68000


    Mar 7, 2012
    the fastest launch for the haswell rmbp would be 2 weeks after the back to school program ended. so it could be in mid september.

    or maybe silent update in october and november after the iphone announcement.

    so if you can wait until november, just use with what you have.

Share This Page