rMBP 15" Screen Flicker every 3-4 mins

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cruggles, Nov 9, 2012.

1. cruggles macrumors regular

My 15" rMBP is about 2 months old and has an LG screen.

Just recently (possibly after my OSX 10.8.2 update about a week ago), the screen flickers briefly (like interference) for about 0.1 of a second but it recurs every 3-4 minutes.

It seems to happen on about 1/3 of the screen, often the bottom 1/3 but sometimes at the top. Sometimes the whole screen.

Searching this forum has found a few mentions of screen flicker but not quite like what I am getting.

It happens both with the discrete and the integrated graphics card operating.

I have done a reboot, and it still happens. It was first noticed while using Safari but I have since noticed it while using other apps (like Aperture).

Has anyone else experienced this? Sounds to me like a long drive to the Genius bar.

2. cruggles thread starter macrumors regular

Update: it actually only seems to happen when Safari is running (background or foreground), so it might be a Safari issue not a hardware issue. Safari was also updated about a week ago. Hmmm.

3. Krellekrudt macrumors newbie

I got the exactly same problem, but I don't know if it's because of safari or something else. I hope it's a software problem and not a hardware, it hasn't been a problem since last 3 days, and after the latest software update was installed. :confused:

4. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

It's the OS / Safari. Happened to me a few times on my 15" cMBP as well.

5. Pagga macrumors 6502

Pagga

Closer to the Artic circle than I like to be
    New update just released today 11/11. Try it!

6. Krellekrudt macrumors newbie

The new update doesn't appear, when I search for it. Are you sure it isn't the one from last week you're referring to?

7. Krellekrudt macrumors newbie

The update didn't fix it. Still got the same problem. Anyone???

8. rittmeister macrumors newbie

It´s not Safari, It´s the WiFi antenna. Try to disable WiFi and see if the problem still occurs. If not, then you got it ;)