rMBP 2012 trackpad problem.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pontus669, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Pontus669, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013

Pontus669 macrumors newbie

Jun 14, 2013
    I just realised a disturbing thing with my trackpad. It doesn't "click" on all corners. Just the bottom right one. I have my mac under the 1 year warranty for another 1 month. Is this a support matter? Nothing dramatic happened, no drop, nothing.
    I just got my mac back 2 weeks ago from apple when they change my screen from LG to Samsung. Maybe something happened there?

Thanks in advance.
  2. maflynn Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
    Possibly done by apple during their repair but your only real option is contact them about it.

Bummers though :(
  3. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Feb 6, 2009
    The whole bottom edge should click. The top edge is where the trackpad's hinge is so it isn't supposed to click there.
  4. Pontus669 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 14, 2013
    Ah.. Iv'e had so much problem with my apple products recently.. :(

Back to the shop again i guess..

Thanks, i wasn't really sure if the top part should click :eek:. Well, the bottom left doesn't click at all so it's still broken.
  5. Macman45 macrumors G5

Jul 29, 2011
    Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
    My fiancee had an issue with her ( my old ) MBA....Booked an appointment via my Apple Guru and they replaced it in store there and then, no fuss and not a big job.
  6. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

Jun 21, 2012
    Trackpad change on the 15" retina means a whole top case change.
    Which translates into a new battery as well:cool:
    Take it in the trackpad should click right from 1/3 portion from the top till the bottom so i guess your track pad has gone bad.