rMBP 2014 Backlight bleeding & overheating!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by m.bico, Nov 11, 2015.

1. m.bico macrumors newbie

m.bico

Hi all,

Kindly help me with those 2 issues.

Backlight bleeding

I always watch movies on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) on an external display without any issues, recently i noticed when watching movies on rMBP that there's a noticeable red tint on the top right corner in dark scenes, it's spreading downwards in a lesser extent though. Also i can see it on solid black background and even in any background with black color in the top corner.

P.S. Apple logo on the back of the display has a pinkish hue or tint and "sometimes i don't how" i see it ok!

Is this backlight bleeding a common case in retina displays?
    And should i try to replace it?

Overheating?

It usually overheats with google chrome, i know it eats ram but it happens on any heavy workloads like photoshop.

It's worse when rendering videos by any video converter and it's too bad so that i never rendered a video since i got it this year!

It reaches 99c and the fans are going insane!

What frightens me is that i had 2011 MBP with its known video issues and i replaced my logic board for the faulty GPU 2 times and they advised me to never exceed 90c! I don't want it to happen again.

Do i have an overheating problem or something i should replace or worry about?

Thanks!

2. Mike in Kansas macrumors 6502a

Mike in Kansas

Time for a trip to the Apple Store.... neither of those are normal.