Rmbp 2014 base model steam?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Roadking714, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Roadking714 macrumors regular

Could I play games on the rmbp 2014 with steam this is the base model with iris pro

2. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Depends on the game, but personally speaking from experience, laptops generally suck at gaming (for the games I used to play anyway,) and that's with a laptop that has a dGPU too. I'm one of those people that believe that 30 FPS in a game is crap (even though a lot of people would view it as "playable" or even "amazing".)

I stopped playing serious games on a laptop a long time ago. "Go desktop or go home" is my philosophy for gaming these days.

Set your expectations low, unless it's something like Angry Birds, Candy Crush Saga, or Toki Tori, or a game that's several years old.

3. Roadking714 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not a big gamer.. I'm thinking of getting a ps4 for that .. But just wanted something to mess with to pass time.. Games like Batman arkham city ect..

4. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Games as old as that should be "ok" (I put that in quotes, as it's really subjective depending on the person.) Probably not buttery-smooth (by my standard) at the highest settings, but on that same token, not unbearably bad like a slideshow.

You could pick up one, and try it out within the initial 14-day return period. If it's not good enough for you, then return it for a refund.

5. Roadking714 thread starter macrumors regular