rMBP 2014 speakers distortion/ vibration HELP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shakra00, Sep 8, 2014.

1. shakra00 macrumors member

Good day guys, can you play this song by Christina and see if in the first part of the song (Oh, sometimes I get a good feeling). The long "OH" part at the beginning of the song..

See if it vibrates/ distorts your speaker a little bit. Put the volume at the highest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZFQgqhNoEI

2. Cardsnk macrumors regular

With default settings? No Boom App or whatsoever, my unit doesn't distort. Try an NVRAM/PRAM reset.

tested it with Boom App on, no distortion. Great voice from Christina :)

3. LuvKaya macrumors member

4. shakra00 thread starter macrumors member

Im not really talking about a distortion on the long OHHHHH part at the beginning. What Im talking about is a slight vibration.

5. SS4Luck macrumors regular

SS4Luck

Mine does the same thing, i notice it a lot at night when I'm watching Netflix too.

Volume on the media player at about 85% master volume at about 50%

6. shakra00 thread starter macrumors member

Just a heads up, I tried other laptops at a Mac store here in the Philippines, and it has the same as mine. :)

7. yangchewren macrumors regular

2013/15"

Yes, there's noticeable peaking on the long "OHHH" at 100%, but the volume is too loud and it hurts my ears anyway... It sounds more like the magnitude of sound at that specific frequency is unable to be played properly on the speaker cone (not deep enough for displacement).

I noticed some peaking when I first got my machine and listened to some songs at 70% volume, but the generally peakiness seems to have subsided since then... I still find the rMBP's speakers good for a laptop.