Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2015
Kamino
So currently I am on HiSi, which I downgraded back to after trying to use the Mojave beta for a bit. But now we’re at the release, so I am curious on the performance. HiSi currently lags a bit on the UI side of things, not sure if the Iris Apple stuck in is really meant for this resolution. Or optimization just went out the window. There also tends to be the noise glitch when I wake it from sleep which bugs me a little bit but it seems nothing can fix it.

Anyone on a 2015 rMBP Iris only that can share how their performance is on Mojave?

TokMok3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2015
So currently I am on HiSi, which I downgraded back to after trying to use the Mojave beta for a bit. But now we’re at the release, so I am curious on the performance. HiSi currently lags a bit on the UI side of things, not sure if the Iris Apple stuck in is really meant for this resolution. Or optimization just went out the window. There also tends to be the noise glitch when I wake it from sleep which bugs me a little bit but it seems nothing can fix it.

Anyone on a 2015 rMBP Iris only that can share how their performance is on Mojave?

I have that machine and the performance with Mojave is excellent so far. The machine is running very quiet and smooth. I did a clean install with [option - command - r].

Reactions: iModFrenzy

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York

I do not have your exact machine, but I have a 2015 13" rMBP with Intel Iris 6100 graphics and the UI performance is amazing, and the overall performance is amazing! Truly amazing UI! My machine is running excellently on MacOS Mojave, however, I did a clean install (as I do every macOS release cycle) and I truly believe to get the best performance you should do a clean install...but that is obviously up to you.

Edit: I also did APFS (Encrypted) during my clean install, just wanted to add that.

I am more than happy, and I think you will be as well.

Good luck!

:apple:

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2015
Kamino
I do not have your exact machine, but I have a 2015 13" rMBP with Intel Iris 6100 graphics and the UI performance is amazing, and the overall performance is amazing! Truly amazing UI! My machine is running excellently on MacOS Mojave, however, I did a clean install (as I do every macOS release cycle) and I truly believe to get the best performance you should do a clean install...but that is obviously up to you.

Edit: I also did APFS (Encrypted) during my clean install, just wanted to add that.

I am more than happy, and I think you will be as well.

Good luck!

:apple:

Great to hear, I look forward to cleanly installing Mojave on my 2015. Will report back with results!

Reactions: SRLMJ23

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2015
Kamino
So I attempted to cleanly install Mojave yesterday before heading to bed, assuming it would be quick. Instead, my first try of booting it ended mid boot with a kernel panic. Okay fine no problem, I restarted and attempted again. 30+ of loading I gave up since it took a lot longer than expected. So I guess I’ll try it today again since I’ll have more time to troubleshoot. Really disappointed that’s how the first boot went though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.