Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mystikjoe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
ok so i need windows on my macbook pro for some work related applications that don't run on a mac. i've got windows 10 installed very easily. i can't get it to detect the amd gpu in my system and photoshop says i don't have enough video ram to do some things. is this bootcamp related or windows related? i tried download the amd drivers and it says no hardware found. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Ovedius

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012
Norway
Download the support software through Bootcamp Assistant.
Then install the AMD drivers located under "BootCamp\Drivers\AMD\AMDGraphics\Setup.exe"

Or just "repair" all the support software by running "BootCamp\Setup.exe"

I just upgraded my Bootcamp from Windows 8.1 to 10, and after the upgrade I had to perform a new install (or "repair") of the support software to get everything running smoothly.
I also tried downloading drivers from AMDs own site, and though their own download assistant, but no luck. The drivers from AMD won't install, you have to use the ones supplied by Apple.

gooch3265

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2011
Victoria, Australia
I have an Early 2011 MBP with AMD Radeon 6950M 1GB. Windows 10 actually detected the card and installed dedicated AMD drivers (July 2015).

Different computer, different GPU, but it might be worth trying other means of manually installing non-Bootcamp drivers and seeing if you get lucky.

Mine was an update install, with Bootcamp drivers already in place under Windows 7 when I ran the upgrade software.

Cuniac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2013
Phoenix
I re-installed the drive again and It working for me. However I cant find the Catalyst Controls anymore. Also, Windows keeps trying to install an AMD update and it keeps failing.

Ovedius

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012
Norway
I re-installed the drive again and It working for me. However I cant find the Catalyst Controls anymore. Also, Windows keeps trying to install an AMD update and it keeps failing.

That's weird. I got Catalyst back by reinstalling the Bootcamp support driver.
I'm having the same issue with Windows Update wanting but failing to install an AMD update.

KOTULCN

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
I too have an update that keeps failing.

Another thing I've noticed is that when booted into bootcamp my cursor will go past the right side of the screen even though there is only the laptop screen. Anybody else experiencing this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.