rMBP 384 GB SSD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bilalo, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Bilalo macrumors 6502

I wanted to ask, apple offers us 256-512-768 GB SSD, I dont want 512 yet 256 is too small, i want in between so 384 GB which is 256 gb ssd + 128 gb ssd :D I know the 128 GB ssd exists so is this possible? Do I buy it externally and let someone put it or what?

2. theineffablebob macrumors regular

You'll either need to get the 512GB or just buy an external. Apple unfortunately does not allow for much flexibility and user choice in the notebooks.

3. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

I would suggest just going for the 512GB if you want internal storage as your usage may increase in the future. It's probably better to get the larger one if you can stretch your budget in order to avoid regretting getting one that isn't large enough.

4. Newfiebill macrumors regular

Newfiebill

Owc

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/SSD/OWC/Aura_Pro_Retina_2012

This is a GREAT deal from OWC with install videos on how to install. The best part is you get to keep the 256GB card that comes out of yur rMBP and put it in an enclosure (that they give you) for a Time Machine Drive or extra SSD storage via USB 3.0.

5. Bilalo thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks all :D I thought i could place more thN 1 SSD in and 512 cost like $400 extra in uk apple store :/ cnt afford tht now.

6. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

If you can't afford it now then I would just advise to go as large as you can in terms of the internal and worry about getting externals in the future for your storage. That, or if you don't need the computer right this second, save up for a bit in order to afford the larger SSD.