rMBP 3D Output to HDTV & Projector

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lotzosushi, May 14, 2013.

1. lotzosushi macrumors 6502

lotzosushi

I have a mid-2012 rMBP 15" and have been trying to output movies to my 3D Samsung HDTV and an Optoma HD33 3D Projector. Every time I try using VLC or Quicktime it just plays back the two pictures side by side. Is there support for 3D output that will also work with the RF emitter for the glasses? :confused:

2. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

Is this under windows or Mac? Curious about this too as I'm about to get a 3d tv and would to know if the retina MacBook Pro 15 would be able to utilize it.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

4. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

Since the graphic card could possibly display 3d as one of the computers can, by installing nvidia drivers and their 3d drivers, could the MacBook Pro play 3d? This would be under windows. Possibly a program that could do all the heavy work?

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

That'd depend on whether the card for that one computer is different or if only the drivers are...

6. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

it is 3D capable.

From your own link:

NVIDIA 3D Vision Ready4
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GPUs brings a fully immersive stereoscopic 3D experience to notebooks. A combination of high-tech wireless glasses and advanced software, NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ transforms hundreds of PC games into full stereoscopic 3D. In addition, you can watch Blu Ray 3D, streaming 3D online, and 3D digital photographs in eye popping, crystal-clear quality.

NVIDIA 3DTV Play and HDMI Support5
    Support for HDMI output enables sending both high-definition video and audio signals to an HDTV via a single cable. Connect your laptop to any 3D enabled TV with NVIDIA 3D TV Play and stream all your 3D content onto the big screen, including Blu-Ray, 3D photos, even your games!

7. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

Okay I doubt games (playing battlefield 3 @ 3D doesn't seem possibly unless the graphics were lowered by a lot) but playing 3D videos seems like a go show.