rMBP + 4k & 2k screen temperatures

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Vegasm, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Vegasm macrumors newbie

Vegasm

Hey guys,

My setup currently consists of an early '15 13'' rMBP (128gb/8gb RAM model), hooked up to a BenQ GW2765 2k screen & a Dell P2715Q 4k screen.

It works alright for light tasks such as text processing, web browsing etc. But whenever I try to do heavier tasks, I notice my Mac starts to struggle. I expected this, but I'm wondering if the temps that go with this are also ''normal''. I'm using TG Pro to monitor my temperatures.

Whenever I'm doing light work, my cpu core stays around 50-55c. As soon as I start a 4K video on YouTube in Safari, temperature rises to 100c and my fan starts to run.

Same with watching non-4K content. If I watch a 720p tv show on my 4K screen, temperature rises to 100c and the fan starts to run. As soon as I move the window over to my 2K screen, temperatures drop to around 70c and the fan stops again.

Should I be worried by these temperatures, or is this something I should've expected beforehand? Perhaps a 2K ánd a 4K screen are a bit too much for my Mac?

Note: Whenever I unhook both screens and use my Mac normally my cpu core temperature stays around 35c.

Thank in advance!

Kind regards,

Dan

2. Dead0k macrumors regular

integrated GPU is weak, try to use one monitor instead of 2.