rMBP 650m driver install walk through?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dougaha18, Aug 9, 2012.

1. dougaha18 macrumors member

So I just setup a boot camp partition of windows 8 64-bit. I installed all of the drivers provided by the boot camp install but I wanted to install the 304.79 beta driver from Nvidia too because I've heard there are noticeable performance improvements in games.

Can someone please help walk me through the install process for this? Also, I apologize for this being somewhat of a repost.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Download the driver from NVIDIA and run the installer. It should just take care of everything for you.

3. dougaha18 thread starter macrumors member

It doesn't recognize the rMBP 650m. You need to modify the inf but I don't know how to get that to work.

4. Doggonit macrumors regular

I was also wondering about this a few days ago, and asked and was then told by one person that the 304.79 beta drivers don't make for markedly better performance in general. Although others reported noticeable improvements in BF3 with these drivers.

So I guess I too want to know how to install them and more importantly: What if any improvements did the beta drivers bring to the proverbial table? Any stability issues?

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Strange. NVIDIA even lists support for the GT 650M on their website.

6. dougaha18 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah but I guess it's configured differently in the rMBP and you if to modify a file.

7. Engali macrumors member

8. JronMasteR macrumors 6502

JronMasteR