rMBP, A couple questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cnercessian, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Cnercessian macrumors newbie

I went to the apple store today to make my mind up between the MBA 13' and the rMBP. While comparing them, I noticed that the rMBP has a little screen/display "lag" when going between the main screen and the dashboard and when going into mission control while the MBA. Was seamless. So I was wondering if that was a software issue that is likely to be fix or some other issue.
    Also I will be using boot camp for windows with which ever Mac I choose and the sales rep I was talking with said that when you partition the computer the entire systems slows down to 1/2 speed, meaning that the OSX could only use half the processing power and the windows side had the other 1/2 power. Is this true or was I talking to a misinformed rep? Thanks in advance.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

you should really read this review
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6023/the-nextgen-macbook-pro-with-retina-display-review

to sum it up, it says mountain lion will help, but it is a hardware issue as well.

3. Moriarty macrumors 6502

Clueless rep. The only thing you lose is the HDD space that Windows takes (you cannot install Windows on an external drive without a fair bit of tinkering). Seriously, you can very rarely trust anything that sales reps say. Though if they tell you it can do something and you know it really can't, it still gives you a great reason to return it for a full refund later if you decide you don't like it for some other reason :p

4. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA that's the funniest thing I've heard all week!

Very, very misinformed rep you had there.

5. Rajpdx macrumors regular

Agreed. Amazing what they come out with sometimes.

6. cmdrmac macrumors regular

The Apple store has assured me that the rMBP is equipped with a replicator and a full array of phaser banks. Now I feel protected :) :D

7. jcpb macrumors 6502a

If you run Windows in Bootcamp, you have access to all system hardware, you just need to have drivers installed for them.

If you run Windows via a virtual machine, the VM controller program should give you many granular settings to tinker with. If you like, you can force each VM instance to use only one core and 512MB RAM.

The rep is a newb.

----------

Their rep also said each MBPR has a flux capacitor and 1.21 jiggawatt power output.