rMBP and Adobe LR/Photoshop on the go

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cardsnk, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Cardsnk, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

Cardsnk macrumors regular

Hi all, i just want to ask, are you using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop with your rMBP on location or unplugged? If so, assuming how many hours or minutes do you mostly get with your unit before it becomes low batt? Thanks!

2. anarti macrumors regular

From what I have observed - depending if you're exporting a bunch of photos, you will get between 1/3 and 1/2 of the full battery charge. Lightroom is hungry for power when moving the sliders.

3. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

I've gone 4-5 hours on just battery using both Lr and PS CC without the screen being dimmed, and still have about 30% batter life left.

4. Cardsnk thread starter macrumors regular

Wow that's great, i estimate and merely get around 1-2 hours of usage with both photoshop and Lightroom open on battery.

Factors may include to giving battery drain such as background apps running, dropbox,bluetooth,wifi,etc. But in a real world scenario i usually turn the backlighting off, and dim the screen, without wifi running to get the 4-5 hour performance with both apps open.

Care to share your usage?

5. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

I usually turn bluetooth off. I don't use dropbox or other cloud services. I do 90% of my editing in Lr, with occasional trips to PS CC or Nik. I don't always have PS open, but Lr always is. WiFi remains on.

6. Cardsnk thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply, what is your unit btw? Do you have the haswell rmbp? mine is still with the ivy bridge processor. 4-5 hours on the road is pretty good imo. :)

7. MTL18 macrumors regular

With lightroom editing and exporting I can get around 4 hours. I put the screen brightness to 4 bars (I find this most closely resembles a "bright" printed picture).

I am running a 15 inch late 2013.