rMBP and Bluetooth

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AndersBrohus, Jan 11, 2013.

1. AndersBrohus macrumors regular

Hi with you guys!

I got the 15" Retina MacBook Pro, but it's like the Bluetooth is not working!

I have a Magic Trackpad and it's not working, there are huge delays and it's like it's living it's own life.. :/

I called Apple today here in Denmark, and i have talk with them for like over 1 hour and 30 min..

I tried all they suggested and reinstalled OS X, as they asked me to try..

But it's still not working, if i'm looking at the signal RSSI then it says -81 Oo

My dad's i mac has -45 to -50 and it works flawless, the same with my brother's Magic Mouse its around -30 to -40...

What does Apple need to change inside my beloved MacBook Pro?

2. AndersBrohus thread starter macrumors regular

3. IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

Have you tried turning off all other devices near your laptop that might be emitting frequencies that block or interfere with the magic track pad frequency. I have a magic track pad and I'm not experiencing that problem. I've read somewhere on this forum where others have experienced frequency interference with there trackpad or magic mouse.

Not to state the obvious but check the batteries. Also, if you go into preferences, click trackpad and see if the trackpad is registering there. You can tell because the battery level should display there. Also in trackpad preferences click setup trackpad bluetooth. If the trackpad is connected you should see a green dot (connected). That's the extent of my knowledge. Good Luck :)

4. IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

Follow-Up

In preferences, top left there is an Accessibility Icon. Inside, there is Mouse and Trackpad setup. You might want to check there and see what settings you have check. You may have to experiment a little. Just remember what you checked or unchecked.