rMBP and Happy!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Netquity, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Netquity macrumors newbie

Yes the device isn't perfect but no device is. I feel I received fair value for the hardware that's delivered. I'm looking forward to ML. The screen is really such a relief to my eyes and the build quality is exceptional. I don't think anyone should hesitate if they were in the market for a new MBP. This thing just delivers and is so much quieter than my 2011.

I just wanted to post a positive experience so far since most of the time people only post issues (which I'm not discounting that exist with their units).

Oh and the Wrapsol skin is also top notch, it looks like it's unprotected.

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Good to hear you are happy, I am on the fence about ordering! What is not perfect about it?

3. stevemiller macrumors 68000

good stuff. i similarly was absolutely thrilled when i got my 2011 mbp. even coming from a 2008 the step up in performance was incredible. ultimately its about finding a machine that is the right fit for your usage.

i'm looking forward to a retina screen in the next few years, but seeing as i've already got an i7 quad/16gb ram/SSD, i'm holding off until there is a marked increase in cpu speed or max amount of ram.

4. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

<I am not trying to be a jerk or inflammatory>

I saw your thread title and found your first sentence fascinating. So after your purchase, declaring your happiness, you say your new purchase isn't perfect and you 'received fair value' for your money. I found your statements sort of surprising.

What are you unhappy with or what do you find imperfect? You said fair value, do you think the price is too high for the performance you are seeing? Ghosting or lag?

I know that perfection is extremely subjective, but when I made my 2011 purchase (see sig) I found it to be perfect. No scratches, dents, or problems and extremely fast all around. For a 2011, I still consider it perfect and if I sold it I would label it near-mint since it is used.

Again, I am not trying to give you a hard time or criticize your post, I was just wondering.

Cheers!
    -P

5. Charlaux macrumors member

Hi,
    I am another user of macbook pro retina and I thought maybe I should share my experiences too :rolleyes: I bought macbookpro retina 5 days ago and Its a perfect computer for me even Its a base model.I like the style altough It looks like fragile but actually Its not.The screen is basicly fabolous and I liked the sound system and in the first time that I opened,I dont know If Its starts with %100 volume but It seemed to be %70 or %80ish to my ears however It was a vivid experience like real players playing music near me is one of the parts that I love of my computer.

I am having my own troubles to getting used to the system but Its just a great/near to perfect experience.I am quite happy about what I got and screen and vividness (not the volume amount) are making me happy.I dont like thin computers alot but Its a really personal thing and I think thats an advantage for other people.The fact that It has not its own cd driver is a problem imo.I mean not big but prevents being perfect for me because I have to pay a 80 $ considering that 2200 $ plus 100$ tax 80$ for cd driver and $$ for external hard drive and things just go on.

On the other hand I think rMBP makes you live an experience near to the perfect,It covers its own faults and you become friend easily.We are typically in mother and her baby mood with my first macbook which is a retina.I am basicly in love :)))

6. patternofstars7 macrumors member

I just put my wrapsol skin on and its' amazing. I also like that it has a lifetime warranty :)

7. Netquity thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope I didn't take it negatively or critical at all, opinions are so subjective. I've been computing since 1MHz processors. When I was younger each time I scrimped and saved and poured my savings (or begged my dad) into the next consumer bleeding edge product I always expected that upgrade to finally deliver computing nirvana. I always get this great honeymoon period and then everything just doesn't seem so fast... or seem so perfect :) I guess after 29 some odd years I've given up hope ;).

Yes, the rMBP has some minor stutter / lag that you have to look for. Having my 2011 (w/vertex3) side by side migrating manually (personal preference) my 2011 has UI lag in places too. Taking that in consideration and benchmarking my expectations with added resolution I think the rMBP runs much quicker. If you're expecting a perfect machine that never slows down or lags because you're shelling out $3k I think you'll be disappointed no matter what you buy.

No to ghosting or display lag (I haven't done any gaming and I don't think I ever will. I have a PC for that)

If you're in the market for MBP the execution from Apple I think has been perfect with this model. This really is the best laptop I have ever used. I still can't get over how much quieter and cooler this unit runs over 2011.

I hope I was clearer this time around!