RMBP and Jitouch trouble

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jackelb, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Jackelb macrumors newbie

Anyone else having issues getting jitouch to work on the new rMBP? I've never had any issues before and have tried a number of troubleshooting steps (including: complete reformat, default touchpad gesture inhibiting, universal access tweaking, etc) to no avail. BTT works fine, but I prefer jitouch and would like to get it running.

Anyone else run into this problem?

(I didnt see any threads about this problem anywhere when searching, but sorry if I just missed it)

2. Jackelb thread starter macrumors newbie

One honest bump before I let this thread die.

3. Yohst macrumors newbie

Same here, cannot seem to get it to work ;-( I wrote to the authors but no response...

4. broske macrumors newbie

i did a upgrade install on my mac mini and jitouch was working perfectly, i did a clean install on my macbook pro and jitouch wouldn't work at all. i finally went to the official site and installed Version 2.42 (Lion Beta) and resubmitted my registration information and it started working fine. i really hope this helps you out, i know i was freaking out just thinking about how unbearable it would be not to be able to use jitouch.

5. Yohst macrumors newbie

I discovered that jitouch isn't entirely non-responsive on my rMBP + ML. It did recognize some of my characters once I had a wide enough opening between my finger touches. Customizing the required distance between "near" and "far" didn't positively influence it though and I could not get it to operate consistently. Auto Set didn't work.

6. DrFate09 macrumors newbie

7. Jackelb thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting! That is a recent addition...

Shame, as it's taking me quite a while to replicate my settings on BTT.

8. Yohst macrumors newbie

It seems I got my jiTouch working now on my rMBP. I edited the jitouch plist, specifically the configuration setting for "charRegIndexRingDistance" (first variable) and set it to 0.1 (was 0.25).

jitouch is working quite well for me know.

You can use Xcode or a simple utility such as "pref setter" to modify your plist

9. allvoran macrumors newbie

Jitouch not working for me on rMBP

@Yohst: What else did you do. I followed your tip and edited the plist but it is still not working for me. I would really love to get it back working. The character recognition in jitouch is awesome and the reason for me preferring it to BTT.

10. Yohst macrumors newbie

Sorry, wasn't entirely clear. I forgot to mention that I got it working with an external trackpad. The rMBP built-in trackpad remains inactive with the change I described above. Funny enough, if you go into the settings and select the "Auto Set..." button to let the app set the distance between your fingers, it is responsive.

I'll experiment some more to see if I can beat it into submission on the built-in trackpad.

11. allvoran macrumors newbie

Mountain Lion Version (2.5) out

There is a mountain lion version out not. Unfortunately still no Retina support.

12. jaziCo macrumors regular

jaziCo

Please I need this software!!!!!!

Any healthy alternatives? BTT? Magic Prefs??

13. allvoran macrumors newbie

14. jaziCo macrumors regular

jaziCo

Retina Version is live!

The latest version supports the new rMBP, and it works good too!

One questions for all of you though.. This issue isnt related to the latest update... but since like update 2.3 or something... when using two fingers to drag (ex. click with one finger to hold (index finger), then another finger to move the drag (middle finger).... the drag gets stuck until clicking again it releases.. any ideas?