RMBP apple care

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macran, Apr 5, 2013.

1. macran macrumors member

Hi
    I have ordered a custom retina macbook pro.I found a deal for apple care online on some site and it says AppleCare Protection Plan Mac Pro MD00xxxx OPEN BOX. I was wondering if it is for regular macbook pro or the retina macbook pro.Is the apple care for macbook pro device specific.will it work for my retina macbook pro:confused:

2. Bear macrumors G3

You also have no clue if the code inside was used to register a computer then returned to the store.

3. macran thread starter macrumors member

when i click the one for the retina display it still takes me to the AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook Pro. I have a deal on ebay for 50$.

----------

I have seen it on ebay and it says never registered.

4. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I would take a stab in the dark... just a guess, mind you...that the reason you are taken to the MacBook Pro Applecare Protection Plan is because you have a MacBook Pro.

But I could be way off base...

:rolleyes:

6. Bear macrumors G3

$50 is awfully inexpensive - remember you often get what you pay for. And "never registered" is just words they typed in.

Ultimately it's your call, however, I felt you needed to be warned of the risks.

7. macran thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone one for pointing me in the right direction .I am never gonna buy it.It intially made me suspicious because of the low price that it has.

Thanks
    everyone

8. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

I bought two Apple Care licenses over the last month on Ebay (rMBP and MBA) and they were both sealed; no issue on installation, very reputable seller. An open box may be another story.......