(rMBP) Applecare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spike29, Jul 18, 2012.

?

Do you care that your losing 3~4 weeks due to delivery/high demand of rMBP

1. No I don't care

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. Yes I care, but I can live with it

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  3. I want my 3~4 Weeks

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. spike29 macrumors member

"Your AppleCare Protection Plan coverage starts from your hardware purchase date. Registering your AppleCare Protection Plan at a later date does not extend your coverage. In fact, there are many benefits to registering your AppleCare Protection Plan as soon as you purchase it."

To those of you whose rMBP took ~1 month to deliver, do you care that we're losing 1 month (or 3~4 weeks)? 1 month is a long time and a lot of things can happen.

Question: Do you care that your losing 3~4 weeks due to delivery/high demand of rMBP

2. bigalow macrumors member

my card didn't get charged until after the computer shipped

3. Auzburner, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012

Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Call Apple and complain. See if they'll throw you a freebee or something. Really, it's not a HUGE deal to me. I bought a rMBP the day it was announced and waited 3 weeks for it. I don't feel like there's anything I can do about it, nor do I really care THAT much. I can definitely see where that could suck when it comes time for my AppleCare to expire and I have an issue, but in that situation, I would keep my receipts and point out that I waited XX number of days for the rMBP and I want the coverage extended to this repair.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The standard warranty covers the first year of ownership for any repairs. It also provides 90 days of telephone support. There is no advantage to buying AppleCare prior to 90 days from Mac purchase. Aside from telephone support, there is no advantage to buying AppleCare until near the end of the 1 year warranty.

You're not losing anything if it takes a month from purchase for your AppleCare to be registered, and you're not paying for coverage that you can't use.

5. ZipZap macrumors 601

I think he is saying that purchase and delivery are 2 different dates. And that Apple uses the purchase date to start any warranty.

Seems odd to me that it would not start until the ship date. Anyone know the exact policy?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You're not charged until the computer ships, which is when the warranty starts. The warranty doesn't start when you order; it starts when the computer ships, which is your purchase date.

7. spike29 thread starter macrumors member

from what i read online, what i'm getting is:
    day1: purchase via online store (applecare starts)
    day23: ship out/billed
    day30: receive
    day365: end of 1 yr warranty
    day366: 1st day of extended applecare

what i think it should be:
    day1: purchase via online store
    day23: ship out/billed (applecare starts)
    day30: receive
    day388(365+23): end of 1 yr warranty
    day389(366+23): 1st day of extended applecare

can anyone verify this? thanks

Edit: just read GGJstudios: so it starts when your 'billed'

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, that's not how it works.

day1: order via online store
    day23: computer ships, purchase is complete, credit card is charged, warranty starts

You can check your remaining warranty and/or AppleCare coverage, including the end date of such coverage here.

9. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I can confirm that the agreement begins when the item ships. Ordered rMBP on announcement day, AppleCare Agreement is good until June 20, 2015. Arrived June 26, 2012.

10. bigalow macrumors member

I can confirm this as well

11. my0t1 macrumors newbie

I received my rMBP yesterday. How did you find out your AppleCare Agreement duration for your rMBP? Where can you get this info?

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Read post #8.