Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
Intelligent consumers are just a subsegment of Apple's customers. Attending an Ivy league university and having a pretentious attitude does not merit qualification into that segment.

Your attempts to insult me aside, there still remains precisely zero evidence to support your claim that the CPU running at or near its Tjunction value is problematic in any way, manner, shape, or form. The fact that you've been on this crusade for weeks now and still can't produce any documentation to support your position would, to a rational person, be a giant clue.

MacSumo

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2013
Your attempts to insult me aside, there still remains precisely zero evidence to support your claim that the CPU running at or near its Tjunction value is problematic in any way, manner, shape, or form. The fact that you've been on this crusade for weeks now and still can't produce any documentation to support your position would, to a rational person, be a giant clue.

Go ask any overclocker what running a processor near Tjunction (such as by increasing core voltage) will do to a processor. Why exactly do I have to spend time producing evidence on a forum to someone I don't know? Are you paying me to affirm what is already the truth?

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
Go ask any overclocker what running a processor near Tjunction (such as by increasing core voltage) will do to a processor. Why exactly do I have to spend time producing evidence on a forum to someone I don't know? Are you paying me to affirm what is already the truth?

If this "truth" is really so universal, then you shouldn't have any problem coming up with a tech document from Intel. But you can't, and there's a reason for that.

To answer your question, you don't have to spend time coming up with evidence to support your claims. But when you fail to do so, it makes it clear to everyone on the boards that your claims are the result of some axe you want to grind rather than facts, data, and evidence. Common sense tells the story: you've made dozens of posts and spent hours spinning your yarn, but can't spare a few minutes to find any concrete evidence to support your allegation.

In short, by refusing, you discredit yourself in a way more damning than anyone else possibly could. So, thanks I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.