RMBP Available in store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dmaynard83, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Dmaynard83 macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

Given they just announced the new RMBP you guys think it will be in store today?

2. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

No. I just got off the phone with my Local, and they aren't available yet. Should be this weekend and it happens to be tax-free weekend here in Florida. I'm going to do an exchange and save a few hundred dollars.

3. Dmaynard83 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

I just went to a store here in California and they had the new ones. In case anyone wanted to go today.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

The online store earlier today said nothing in store, but now a couple hours later it says available for pickup in store today... so they must have come in.

5. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

I actually stopped by my local store. The new laptops were in the store but not checked in yet so I couldn't exchange when I was there. Besides that, Friday the first of august is the start of tax-free weekend. If I exchange my machine then, I'll save another couple of hundred dollars on top of going with the base $1999 versus my $3299 October '13 machine for a total savings of about $1150 after all is said and done for literally the same machine minus 512gb SSD.

6. kramjam macrumors 6502

kramjam

Purchased my 13" rMBP with 512GB SSD today at my local Apple Store. You should be able to check inventory of your local Apple Store online and have it ready for Personal Pickup if it's in stock!

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Give it a little bit of time, I think they'll be rolling into the brick and mortar Apple stores shortly and a little bit later (a week?) the big box electronic stores.

8. Celedral macrumors 6502

Celedral

Went and picked it up at the Pasadena store in SoCal. They don't have it on display, but the shipment is in and available for purchase.

9. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Same here... I went to the store to "just look" and caved. :D

[​IMG]

10. thedeske macrumors 6502a

Darn it!

We expect a full report ;)

11. oyastr macrumors newbie

I went to my store yesterday and exchanged the one I got on July 1st for one! :)

[​IMG]