rmbp backlight does not work

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Applefanboy8153, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Applefanboy8153 macrumors regular

hi guys, I just got my delivery of the new MacBook pro retina 13, I set up my new mac and then suddenly the keyboard backlight stopped working, even the light at the back of the screen has stopped working. What should I do? :mad:

2. Applefanboy8153 thread starter macrumors regular

The nearest apple store is 30 miles away! I ordered it online

3. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

With all due respect, asking here is NOT really of much benefit, unless it makes you feel better..

Warranty is Warranty.. Giddy UP, get it back to them!! :apple:

4. Sean76 macrumors 6502a

Sean76

same thing happen to me a few weeks ago, the backlit keyboard would only work with a restart and then just not work at all after a few minutes or so. When I called Apple they had me do a few resets with pressing a few buttons, etc. In the end we just couldn't get it working properly and it looked to be a bad sensor so I returned it and got a new one. Dont mess around with this, get it replaced with a new one while your in the return period. You surely dont want to go past that period and then have to loose your computer for a few days while they have to start performing surgery on such a new machine.

5. BeeJee macrumors 6502

Keep it, you don't need a keyboard backlight, or backlight for the screen. Thats more of a luxury. :rolleyes: I mean really, what kind of answers do you expect. If there's a problem contact the company, not to difficult to comprehend.