RMBP battery 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TS13, Nov 1, 2013.

1. TS13 macrumors member

so I got my laptop yesterday :)D).. just unplugged it after charing.. currently have 3 tabs open in safari, iTunes playing music, calendar, messages, and stickies open with 5 bars of brightness....

estimated battery life remaining: 5:30..!!

can anyone help me? thats over 3 hours off of the apple estimate and I'm not doing anything power hungry at all...

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The "time remaining" indication is an ever-changing estimate, based on the current workload of your system. It will fluctuate up and down from minute to minute as your power demands change. It is not perfectly accurate, but only an estimate. On a new Mac, there may be processes consuming system resources, such as Spotlight indexing your drive. After a few days such activity should minimize, Potentially giving you a boost in battery life. In addition, Apple's battery estimates are based on very specific conditions, which may or may not match the conditions under which you are using your Mac.

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. blindmelon92 macrumors newbie

Mine says 4:29 left on a full charge :(. Also some green spotting just popped up running along the top left corner of my screen. This is my first MacBook and I am loving it except for these flaws.

4. esskay macrumors 6502

As mentioned in the battery FAQ, check activity monitor and see what's going on. I often find Safari or other browsers sucking cycles. The new Yahoo mail seems to be a hog, for example.