rMBP Battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aok, Nov 4, 2012.

1. aok macrumors newbie

Are there any "rules" for keeping the battery as healthy for as long as possible? Should it be drained periodically? Should it not be left charging for a long time?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy. The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. itegypt macrumors 6502

itegypt

I drain my batteries once every couple of month for the best couple of years I get close to two years out of my batteries

4. zakee00 macrumors regular

zakee00

I used my AC adapter a lot with my previous MacBook, like whenever possible. I didn't see the point in running on battery power when I was near an outlet. That said, I still used the battery regularly as well.

I think my plugging in paid off- I had a really low amount of charge/discharge cycles on my 4 year old battery, and it was still in reasonable condition, whereas I have friends with worthless batteries after two years because they used them so much.