rMBP Battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by taptic, Jun 2, 2015.

1. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

Hi all,

I just got a maxed out 13" rMBP. So far I'm very happy with it except I'm a little unsure about it's battery. Many people say they can get about 11 hours off it and even up to 12 on normal use (Apple promises 10). Generally though my percentage is calculated a little below what I think it should be. Oftentimes after a full charge it will say I have an estimated 8 or 9 hours left.

I realize that's still a good battery life, but it was an expensive computer and I'd like to make sure it performs to it's full potential. Do your percentage estimates generally fit with how much time Apple says your computer should last?

2. Woodcrest64 macrumors 6502a

Woodcrest64

Apple promises 10hrs based on their tests. For maximum battery life browsing the internet I suggest using Safari and stay away from flash based websites. Also keep brightness at 70% or less. It will also depend too if you're running other apps at the same time. I know some people getting 11+ hours on the 13" Retina Macbook Pros under extreme battery saving conditions like turning off wifi and doing nothing but using Pages or Numbers then turning on wifi again for some light browsing. YMMV Download battery logger from the App store. Use your machine for a week and see what you average ;)

8-9hrs is much better than my 2012 Retina 15-inch Macbook Pro that gets 4.5-5.5hrs now with 80% battery health. lol!

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

It's just an estimate and it isn't really accurate. The numbers are just a guess and they're entirely dependent on what you're doing on the computer at the moment.

4. taptic thread starter macrumors 65816

taptic

Okay, thanks!