rMBP better quality yield than iPad3?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Emil889, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Emil889 macrumors newbie

I'm about to order myself a rMBP but i'm a little bit worried about all this talk about low-quality displays (i have seen a few different topics about this issue the last weeks) and was thinking that maybe we have a "iPad3-situation" here again?

Dont get me wrong, i am one of those people that thought the whole problem was blown out of proportion, people where hunting down every little bit of problem. In some cases it seemed legit becuase there was obvious issues but i dont know really if it was that bad.

Anyway, it seems that the new rMBP has a lot less defective displays (yellow tint, backlight bleed, ghosting etc) than the iPad? Do you agree with that or is there still a bit of gambling? I really dont want to pay this amount of money and sit around wating all nervousely for a unit that i dont know if "functional".

Sorry for by bad english, i hope that you get my message. I just want to know if i can feel safe ordering this new rMBP without having a ton of issues with the display. (This lag issue doesnt bother me a bit since i'll probably run the display at it's native resolution without GUI-scaling).

2. PVisitors macrumors 6502a

Just buy one, if its defective Apple will replace it no questions asked. And of course you also have your 14 day return too.

The problem is that the issues are going to be exaggerated when one reads Macrumors because this is the place most Mac users turn to when they have a problem. There will be more people posting about a problem than people making random threads saying how perfect their Macbook is. Because for the latter people expect that to be the case.

3. Emil889 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do i need to take it to a "true" Apple store or is it fine with a Apple certified service-store to get it replaced if i have any screen issues? Probably a stupid question but hey.. I live in quite a small town so we dont have any Apple store. Hey not even sure if there is any Apple store in whole Sweden. :)