rmbp blemish on screen

nunes013

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 24, 2010
1,280
184
Connecticut
i have a question about my rmbp screen. i was away for the weekend and left my computer home. when i opened it i found two very small (one the size of a pinhead and the other maybe two pinheads) blemishes on the screen. i thought it was dust or something and cleaned the screen with a just a little water and microfiber cloth. however its still there. they give a rainbow effect and i can feel them if i run my fingernail over them. any idea what they might be. they are only apparent in a black or white background (mainly black though).


here is a picture
 

Attachments

Last edited:

nunes013

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 24, 2010
1,280
184
Connecticut
So it's not a dead pixel and you can physically feel them?
exactly. i can feel it if i run my fingernail over it but if i run the bottom of my finger i can't. the other thing is if i turn the brightness all the way down on the screen and shine a light on it i can see it so thats leads me to believe its not a dead pixel.
 

klover

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
775
46
exactly. i can feel it if i run my fingernail over it but if i run the bottom of my finger i can't. the other thing is if i turn the brightness all the way down on the screen and shine a light on it i can see it so thats leads me to believe its not a dead pixel.
Use a microfibre cloth with some warm, distilled water on it. I had something similiar on mine when I opened it up and it was a small speck of glue (every Mac I've bought these past years seems to have this on it).
 

chrisfromalbany

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
403
19
exactly. i can feel it if i run my fingernail over it but if i run the bottom of my finger i can't. the other thing is if i turn the brightness all the way down on the screen and shine a light on it i can see it so thats leads me to believe its not a dead pixel.
ok mine has same thing.. genuis said it was a dirt caught under the screen when it got sealed. I don't believe there is any answer but get replace (totally). I currently still have mine because they didn't have any 2.6 512K rMBP in stock.
 
Last edited:

nunes013

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 24, 2010
1,280
184
Connecticut
Use a microfibre cloth with some warm, distilled water on it. I had something similiar on mine when I opened it up and it was a small speck of glue (every Mac I've bought these past years seems to have this on it).
i just tried that and unfortunately nothing :(

ok mine has same thing.. genuis said it was a dirt caught under the screen when it got sealed. I don't believe there is any answer but get replace (totally). I currently still have mine because they didn't have any 2.6 512K rMBP in stock.
i was thinking about going to Apple but everything else is perfect with the computer as of now and i didnt want to chance getting a computer with a problem right now. The other thing is I start college again in a few days and I know with the retina they would have to replace the entire machine. and it only bothers me in a darker background because thats only when i see it and i know its there :)



thanks everyone! i just wanted some feedback to see if anyone knew what it might be. it doesnt look like it will go away but if something happens to it ill update :)