rMBP Blurry on certain websites?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marc55, Oct 29, 2013.

1. marc55, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013

marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

I just read a review on Amazon in which the person indicated "The only down side to retina is that many websites don't have high enough resolution images so they end up looking a little blurry." Also saw in another review that not Retina supported Apps looked terrible.

Have you guys experienced blurry web sites, I know my wife wouldn't care for that.

Thank you

2. Benk3350 macrumors member

Thats one of the setbacks of having an ultra high quality screen, it can make everything else look like crap.

I don't know if you have an iPhone or not, or got one when they released the retina version, aka the iphone 4.

I got the iPhone 4 the first day it released and it didn't even look like I was staring into a screen. It was so mesmerizing. However, once I started using third party apps, the resolution looked actually worse than my previous iPhone. The Apple optimized apps looked fantastic, and everything else looked bad.

It's essentially the same thing for the retina MacBook Pro. Not every website is optimized for retina display yet. However, just like the iPhone 4+, it will eventually happen. If you find yourself using a website that is not optimized very frequently, you can turn down the resolution and it will actually make the website look more normal.

But I wouldn't hold off from buying a new computer because the resolution is so good that not all websites are ready for it yet.