rMBP boot camp reinstalls NVIDIA High Definition Audio Driver repeatedly

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ggabriele3, Aug 19, 2012.

1. ggabriele3 macrumors member

i have a rMBP running boot camp with Win 7. All updates, etc.

For some reason, Win7 seems to reinstall device drivers for NVIDIA High Definition Audio every time it wakes from sleep or restarts.

Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Engali macrumors member

Same here, don't know how to stop this from happening or even just to stop that particular notification.

3. entraik macrumors 6502a

4. brentsg macrumors 68040

5. Engali macrumors member

I don't recall it doing this until I successfully hacked the Nvidia beta update for the driver to recognize the dedicated GPU and successfully install.

6. ggabriele3 thread starter macrumors member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccoj5lhLmSQ

any detail on how you did this?

7. Centsy macrumors regular

It used to do this for me, but I haven't seen it in a while now. Not sure what I changed that caused it to stop.

8. h3blade macrumors newbie

it could be the option auto switch graphic that cause the problem

9. unwinded macrumors regular

Mine does this too. I wouldn't worry about it. Macs don't have a BIOS and have to emulate it as a result. The time gets messed up too which you might notice upon boot before the boot camp manager corrects it (or OSX corrects it when rebooting into it). My previous Mac had some question marks in the device manager for things like the motion sensor (for the hd I think in case it is dropped) and Apple said it was normal.

My guess is the BIOS emulation on occasion tricks Windows into thinking there has been a hardware change with the nvidia audio. It could very well also be related to graphics switching too, but also because of the BIOS emulation. Again, I would just ignore it. It's just a little box that pops up and it's harmless. I installed a newer nvidia driver too with an inf I modified myself but it was doing this before then so that's not the cause.

10. Engali macrumors member

This is what I wrote in a different thread:

NVIDIA DRIVER FIX
    I had this same problem with The Secret World. Fix it by reading this thread and following ErwinCouman's advice:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=15&tstart=0
    Do NOT download the nvidia beta 304.79 driver through the links he posted because they will lead to the international version and the four lines you need to add to the file won't work with that one. Download the one that ill_gb posted on page 2 of the thread for the English version:
    http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/46279
    Follow Erwincouman's directions in his second post in the thread by navigating to the DisplayDriver folder and copying and adding his lines to the nv_disp.inf (Set Up) file. Here is a link to an image of where he put the two lines:
    https://github.com/erwincoumans/expe...daef23d49b7be3
    NOTE: I noticed when I was adding his first line of code that he indicated 3 places where they should go: on the first line under each of the 3 Nvidia devices sections. I actually found 4 in my file and made sure the line was added to all 4 sections. I also added his second line exactly where he put it in the strings section, which is near the bottom of the file.

11. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

I noticed the same thing, although it didn't always happen. That's windows for ya though.