RMBP Bootcamp Blank Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SchuettS, Nov 29, 2012.

1. SchuettS, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012

SchuettS macrumors 6502

I was using an external monitor as my main monitor in windows 7. I shutdown my computer then unplugged the external display. I read somewhere online that I should've unplugged the display first then shutdown the computer (shouldnt matter to me but what do I know).

Well now when I try to boot into windows 7 using the built in display as soon as it gets to the log in screen my display dims out. I bet if I was at home and tried to plug in my external display it would work but I am not at home. Is there anyway I can get it do use the internal display? Any way to cycle monitors? Very annoying.

thanks!

UPDATE:
    After about 2 hours of trying various things I got one of them to work.
    Unplug charger (do not know if this helped but I had mine unplugged at the time)
    close the lid for a few seconds and then open it up
    Youll see it ask for you password for a split second then fade to black again
    type in your password
    Once I did that it let me in and once I plugged in my charger it faded to black again but I was able to raise brightness. I hope this helps if someone has this happen to them.

2. Confusius macrumors regular

Wow - it has something to do with the charger. I had this same problem and your advice worked. Odd, to say the least. But thank you very much in any case!