rMBP brightness/performance

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jas210, Jul 20, 2012.

1. jas210 macrumors newbie

I have been comparing the retina to my mba 13 inch ('12) , iMac ('11) , and even iPad.. the brightness is actually not a problem from what i was told by some people . sure it may be less bright but now i understand what others have stated about the contrast making up for this. i am now truly seeing the beauty of this screen. WOW! This is by far the best laptop i have ever had.

The 2.6 Ghz, 16 GB RAM, 512 SSD is absolutely blazing fast. Please , to those of you who have a retina and have not tried ML, be patient, it is so worth the wait. I have been doing tests with both of my retinas , base model 2.3 /8 /256 against the 2.6/16/512.. the RAM is truly a worthwhile upgrade! I do see the difference.

If you are considering the extra memory, i say go for it!! you wont ever regret it. you can never have less with this machine , 16 gb will be the 8 gb of today, especially with the soldered ram. plus the upgraded processor cant hurt either.

if anyone has any questions on both of these machines, or requests, i will be happy to help!:apple::apple::apple:

Attached Files:

2. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

I don't understand how ram can make it faster, unless you are using 8GB. How much ram are you using on the 8GB machine? You sure it's not just you imagining it being faster?

3. bottleneck macrumors member

the CPU is faster...

4. jas210 thread starter macrumors newbie

NO im pretty sure when im comparing both machines , the 16 GB is faster. They are configured the same (graphics card, OS ML, plugged in, etc) so i know its not a another variable (other than the GHz difference) . I even had my wife observe me while i tried different programs, etc ...

Yeah i know the CPU is faster, .3GHz faster...

5. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

Right, thought they were both the 2.6 model. I'd say it is the processor helping then. The ram really can't make it faster, unless you are using the 8GB on the low-end machine.

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

Depending on what your doing in most cases the 2.6GHz wont be any faster than the 2.3GHz processor.

7. vanc macrumors 6502

RAM won't make it faster, unless you have really used up all the 8G. Check Activity Monitor. If the memory status shows a lot of "Page Outs", your 16G theory could hold. Otherwise, it's due to other components, most probably CPU.