Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frithington

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
This problem just started happening on my rMBP late 2013 (mavericks) this morning.

I can't connect to any secured wifi networks, I just get a "connection timeout" error at the bottom of the password window.

I have been able to connect to public networks fine, so presume is a software/driver problem.

Has anyone else started experiencing this recently. Worked fine on secured networks last week, and as far as I am aware, there were no network driver updates on my machine.

Thanks.

Frithington

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Is your caps-lock on?

I really wish that it was something as simple as that.

Been on the phone with apple support and been through a number of steps including deleting entire cache, deleting a bunch of .plist files, and rebooting in recovery mode (cmd + r). Nothing seems to be fixing the problem.

Next step i'm told is to "archive and install", then if that doesn't fix it, a complete re-format!

JWorld127

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
wow thats BS....my mbpr sometimes does not connect to my network after waking up from sleep...usually i have to turn on wifi and turn it back on and then it connects.

anyways good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.