rMBP chrome switching to dedicated GPU

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Drask, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Drask macrumors regular

Hello there,

Since someone posted about how to fix the lag in safari with WebKit chrome has been forcing the dedicated GPU every time I go on facebook, youtube or any heavy image site. (Not sure they are related, I'm only guessing because it was after that, and never before)

I have gfxCardstatus and It won't let me go on "integrated only" while "chrome helper" is running. Once I go to google.com (or any non image site) it switches automatically to integrated again.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks

2. lightz39 macrumors regular

Its to be expected when you are trying to load a ton of things on a beautiful display with a crappy integrated card. Not much of a solution really. Either deal with the lag and use the integrated or live with the real graphics card running.

3. Drask thread starter macrumors regular

There was no lag, it all suddenly happened. The integrated is capable of showing websites. Safari doesn't trigger the dedicated at all.

4. lightz39 macrumors regular

Safari was updated with a fix, chrome wasn't. Chrome needs to better card for the performance.

5. Drask thread starter macrumors regular

Pleas read the whole 3 sentences, I clearly said this didn't not happen before running the WebKit some days ago (Have been using it for 5 months).