rMBP clean screen tip

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pagga, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Pagga macrumors 6502

Pagga

Closer to the Artic circle than I like to be
    I´m loving my new retina display MBP. But because this laptop is "all screen", it also has the potential to get "all dirty".
    I have lots of photo lenses and I have learnt that a simple lens pen is one of the best ways of keeping a dust and spot free screen. In fact, I have not yet whiped or rinsed with anything for more than two weeks now. I generally think it´s a good idea not only to avoid chemicals, but any liquid.
    As always, clean hands and fingers are necessary. Otherwise, brush lightly of any dust with the dust tip and rub out any stain with the filt clad tip.

Only downside is that you will look like a bit of a geek, like me ...

Attached Files:

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

I've just been using the glasses type cloth from the box.

3. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

I don't get how screens get so dirty lol. Swear I never touch mine, yet it always seems to grub up, the lil' troll. I just used microfiber usually too. That pen kinda looks like a more industrial make up brush sort of thing :p

4. Edswr macrumors newbie

I don't like the sound of industrial make up :p

5. zerotiu macrumors regular

lol, I thought the same thing, but I'm afraid the carbon will scratch the 'glass' because I don't know if it is like real glass in a lens. I decided to order shaggyMac to protect the screen.

6. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

I don't know how it is where you live, but here there is this thing called dust, and it accumulates on everything.

7. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Yeah, I wasn't referring to dust though :p my MacBook just seems to succumb smudges and random dirty patches

8. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

The bezel is understandable, but the middle of the screen? I can't figure that one out. :) Maybe it's the grease from the keyboard keys that touch the screen when you close the lid?

9. ekovalsky macrumors newbie

Those lens pens are great, I use them for my photography gear as well as cleaning undersides of watch crystals and computer screen smudges.