Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pagga

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I´m loving my new retina display MBP. But because this laptop is "all screen", it also has the potential to get "all dirty".
I have lots of photo lenses and I have learnt that a simple lens pen is one of the best ways of keeping a dust and spot free screen. In fact, I have not yet whiped or rinsed with anything for more than two weeks now. I generally think it´s a good idea not only to avoid chemicals, but any liquid.
As always, clean hands and fingers are necessary. Otherwise, brush lightly of any dust with the dust tip and rub out any stain with the filt clad tip.

Only downside is that you will look like a bit of a geek, like me ...

Attachments

• lenspen_02.jpg
    lenspen_02.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 142

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
I don't get how screens get so dirty lol. Swear I never touch mine, yet it always seems to grub up, the lil' troll. I just used microfiber usually too. That pen kinda looks like a more industrial make up brush sort of thing :p

zerotiu

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
I´m loving my new retina display MBP. But because this laptop is "all screen", it also has the potential to get "all dirty".
I have lots of photo lenses and I have learnt that a simple lens pen is one of the best ways of keeping a dust and spot free screen. In fact, I have not yet whiped or rinsed with anything for more than two weeks now. I generally think it´s a good idea not only to avoid chemicals, but any liquid.
As always, clean hands and fingers are necessary. Otherwise, brush lightly of any dust with the dust tip and rub out any stain with the filt clad tip.

Only downside is that you will look like a bit of a geek, like me ...

lol, I thought the same thing, but I'm afraid the carbon will scratch the 'glass' because I don't know if it is like real glass in a lens. I decided to order shaggyMac to protect the screen.

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
I don't get how screens get so dirty lol. Swear I never touch mine, yet it always seems to grub up, the lil' troll. I just used microfiber usually too. That pen kinda looks like a more industrial make up brush sort of thing :p

I don't know how it is where you live, but here there is this thing called dust, and it accumulates on everything.

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
Yeah, I wasn't referring to dust though :p my MacBook just seems to succumb smudges and random dirty patches

The bezel is understandable, but the middle of the screen? I can't figure that one out. :) Maybe it's the grease from the keyboard keys that touch the screen when you close the lid?

ekovalsky

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
Those lens pens are great, I use them for my photography gear as well as cleaning undersides of watch crystals and computer screen smudges.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.