rmbp connecting via hdmi to tv issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by recharge23, Aug 17, 2012.

1. recharge23 macrumors regular

hey all,

i was wondering if any of you have any prior experience with or solutions for an issue like mine.

i tried connecting my rmbp via hdmi cable to my samsung led tv for the first time last night and it appeared as if it was going to work with the screen turning blue for a second. however, the tv did not read any signals coming in from the computer. when i checked out displays in preferences, there wasn't any information about the rmbp being connected to anything.

i tried rebooting the computer while it was connected, as someone suggested on the apple support communities, and it sort of provided a fix as the tv was recognized. but the rmbp display was shut off and the tv became the sole display. not exactly what i wanted.

in any case, it's pretty frustrating that my 6 year old macbook has zero problems connecting to a tv and yet this brand new machine is buggy.

any ideas? help would be greatly appreciated!

side note: i connect via miniDP to dvi to a dell monitor everyday without a hiccup. also, i live in seoul, south korea so there's not exactly genius bars here.

thanks in advance.

2. retinarob macrumors regular

if you're using gfxCardStatus make sure dynamic switching is enabled.

3. recharge23 thread starter macrumors regular

i'll give that a try. thanks.