rMBP contemplating do i need it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by campo123456789, Mar 9, 2014.

1. campo123456789 macrumors newbie

Hi all, i'm currently (like every one else) trying to find a laptop that will do me good for uni for the next few years, i have been looking at both the macbook air and rMBP (both 13'), i can get the air for $1150AUD and the Pro(r) for$1400.

Now my main reason i would go for the pro over the air is because of the slightly better graphics on it and maybe the screen,( for some reason a better screen don't appeal much to me but should it??), the reason being is because i'm doing product design engineering (i know another designer, BUT its engineering too!!) and the better graphics would be good if i need to run CAD software in an emergency. there are computers that people in my course only have access too and i can use them when i want and my pc at home can run CAD just fine.

But my big question is it worth spending the extra $250 for the added graphics and a better screen??

thanks in-advance :D

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Need? You can probably do without it.

I think however for design you'll appreciate the bigger screen if not the added performance.

I say go for it.

3. campo123456789 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah? alright i think i will just go for it haha, it hopefluy will last me quite a long time too? do you think with the problems people have been having with the retinea display ?

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I have no problems with my display.

Definitely get AppleCare. Cheapest place for that is B&H. If that's too much for now, you can buy it anytime before a year is up.

5. campo123456789 thread starter macrumors newbie

But whats does apple care do for such an expensive item?

6. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Apple products only come with a standard 1-year warranty (2 years if you live elsewhere, like the EU).

AppleCare extends the standard warranty to 3 years.