rMBP: Crashed - grey screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jzj687, Jun 26, 2012.

1. jzj687 macrumors regular

Hey,

So, my new rMBP just crashed! Got the grey screen that said there was a problem and I should press a button to restart.

I copied the crash report details in a .txt file... I can't really read it effectively though... Would I be able to post it here for you guys to look at if you have the time, or do you think it would contain any private/confidential info?

Thanks.

2. Baytriple macrumors 6502

Have you unplugged everything on the restart. My mac pro used to stop on restart sometime due to USB device being connected?

3. jzj687 thread starter macrumors regular

It just happened while I was browsing. Pressed a button and it restarted immediately. Had my external USB drive plugged in when it happened. Didn't unplug it before I pressed the button to restart... But everything seems to be fine now... Just wondering wtf happened!

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

what browser? People have stated chrome causes crashes on it.

5. jzj687 thread starter macrumors regular

Ooooo, that could be it! Was using Chrome Canary!

6. slumpey326 macrumors 6502

It seems like Chrome is crashing all the 2012 models, i.e. Macbook Air, Pro, Pro Retina

7. jzj687 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! I was getting worried!

8. feifei62 macrumors newbie

rMBP crashing

I changed the logic board after a visit to Genius Bar - still crashing with the grey screen - now I unchecked the "Automatic Graphic Switching" in the Energy Saver pane. Fingers crossed - no crashes thus far - been running full screen HD clips on Chrome.;)