rMBP dead pixels

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shadotp, Mar 30, 2013.

1. shadotp macrumors newbie

I've had a rMBP for the past two months. When I first received it, I didn't notice any dead pixels. Now it seems that a black pixel is visible on a white screen. It's the only one I've seen so far, but it is a problem for me. Apple's quality control is abysmal, and customer service is no help. I could try to have the screen replaced, but the Apple rep said they won't do it for one dead pixel. That's preposterous! Apple charges a lot of money for these laptops. I would think they would have better quality control. What a joke!

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

There is software to magnify parts of the screen, use that to see if it is a dead pixel and not damage on the screen, maybe it is stuck and before there was a way to unstuck dead pixels.

3. shadotp thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll check the software. Thanks for the advice.

4. maratus macrumors 6502a

maratus

No matter what, your laptop screen must be replaced even if it's one dead pixel. Try different apple rep if needed.

5. shadotp thread starter macrumors newbie

How involved is it to replace the screen? I don't want to wait two weeks.

6. maratus macrumors 6502a

maratus

If you talk to the manager, they may let you to use your laptop until the screen arrives. Although it's highly unlikely.

Anyway, if you don't want to wait you shouldn't replace your screen and accept a dead pixel.

7. aman20177, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017

aman20177 macrumors regular

8. Bad.Hat.Harry macrumors newbie

Bad.Hat.Harry

I just had my hi-res cMBP screen replaced due to some stuck pixels and they let me keep my machine until the part arrived. It took 3 days for the replacement to come in, I brought it in the afternoon the part arrived and picked it up the next morning.