Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tritons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Hi
It's 13 days since Apple released rMBP and in apple.com it still shows that it takes about 3-4 weeks to ship it. I was wondering how long time it usually takes till it's just few days or "in stock". I need to know this because in my country there is only authorized reseller and they will get new rMBP only when they will be widely available in US.
And if any Authorized reseller outside US and UK already have rMBP?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It differs and there's no hard and fast rule of thumb. The Retina MBP appears to be a phenomenally popular laptop. In store availability is still very hit or miss but I suspect things will calm down by August and both online and in store inventory will stabilize.

cmdrmac

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2012
IA, USA
I can't say with absolute certainty, but the way things look, it seems it will be towards end of July or mid-August at the earliest when we will start seeing declines in processing times.

Lagmonster

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
Apple will have adjusted production hours after they saw the order demands. While demand is high, it is nothing like a consumer product like the iPad. Expect a few more weeks of constrained supply.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Honestly, I see them being in store sooner than this 3-4 week online order. I think of iPhones...online said ships 2-3 weeks and in store they had a ton

njean777

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2009
I just got mine yesterday from the Houston Galleria Store. They had plenty of base models in stock and that is exactly what I wanted.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Hi
It's 13 days since Apple released rMBP and in apple.com it still shows that it takes about 3-4 weeks to ship it. I was wondering how long time it usually takes till it's just few days or "in stock". I need to know this because in my country there is only authorized reseller and they will get new rMBP only when they will be widely available in US.
And if any Authorized reseller outside US and UK already have rMBP?

In typical Apple fashion, demand is over the top. I just read an article where they say that by Dec 2012 or Jan 2013 Apple will be current and able to fill orders in just a few days.

I would post the link but I was on my HTC One X at the airport and just getting ready to board the plane.

Good luck waiting. :)

Tritons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Hah, I sure hope it's not that long.
Already now it's hard for me to not get 2012 MBP 15'' non-retina version since it is in the store and I would upgrade it to 256gb SSD. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.