rMBP display repaired by Apple, poor colors

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hrim, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Hrim macrumors member

Hello,

I had an issue with my rMBP display and turned to the Applestore in Geneva. However, when I got the computer back, I noticed that the screen was not very well calibrated. It looks very yellowish and I do not remember having any particular comments about the rBMP display.

I had a dent on the screen (like if a bubble had popped from the inside of the glass), thus Apple gave me a new screen (instead of a new rBMP...) which they installed.

Now, I am aware that some calibration is done by Apple in China when they build the pc. But now, with my "old" macbook and the "new" display, I believe they just swapped the monitor and called it a day.

Are they supposed to just leave it like that? I mean, I lost a part of what makes the laptop expensive. Is there a way to check if Apple should have done a more careful work?

I think people who got only display swaped-out are pretty rare, so if anyone can help me I'll be very thankful.

2. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

It's impossible to separate the display from the top panel of the monitor assembly. Apple replaced the entire top assembly; no one can just swap the display.
    As for the poor colors, they probably didn't calibrate the display. I don't think they can, in the first place.

3. Hrim thread starter macrumors member

Well that's an issue if they give me my macbook with complete funky colors.

Also, I noticed that the display seems less sharp (my wallpaper is now blurry) and far less bright (maximum backlight setting looks like a joke).

I've found that LG display can (and are) problematic. I had a perfect Sammy display and am now stuck with this unholy thing.