rMBP Doesn't Wake Up From Sleep After Upgrading to ML

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macNewbie02, Jul 27, 2012.

1. macNewbie02, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012

macNewbie02 macrumors regular

Hey,

It is the second time that my rMBP doesn't wake up from sleep.
    The only application that I've recently installed are Alferd and BetterTouchTool - Could it have something to do with that?

In addition it happened twice only after long time sleep of like 8 hours - if I sleep the machine now and wake it after 2 minutes it wakes up perfectly.

Do you have any ideas what can cause this? In Lion I had no problems.

EDIT: Apple released the following update

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1559

hopefully this will fix the problem.

FINAL EDIT: Fixed the problem by formatting the partition and freshly installing ML.

2. phantasmagoria macrumors regular

I've had similar with the rMBP and ML on a couple of occasions when the laptop goes to sleep with the lid open - no amount of key presses or clicks will wake it up again, so I've had to hold down the power button to restart. It's hasn't happened (yet) when closing the lid to sleep - opening the lid has always woken it OK.

3. where is it macrumors 6502

where is it

Did you try tapping the spacebar a few times?

4. infernohellion macrumors 6502

I had a problem where it went to sleep and upon waking up I can only see the curser.

That happened only just after installation and before the first restart. Now everything is OK.

5. macNewbie02 thread starter macrumors regular

No, I haven't tried tapping the spacebar at all, just some other keys like Command and bunch of others but I don't remember pressing on the spacebar? On Lion it didn't matter which button you press, and the Command key was usually may button of choice to wake up after sleep.