rMBP Early 2015 (Freeze & Restart)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pedro Pinto, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Pedro Pinto macrumors member

Pedro Pinto

Hello everyone.
    My MBP has crashed and consequently restarted for 2 times already. I know it can happen but I wasn't used to it with iOS. It might be useful to say that it happened while I was using Microsoft Powerpoint (while preparing a presentation).

Is there a way to check if there is something conflicting somewhere? Is there anyone which can probably interpret some registry logs (I don't even know how to access them in iOS).

Thank you all, in advance.

2. ssong macrumors 6502a

ssong

Are you...

[​IMG]
    ? o_O

Re your issue, I'd suggest trying to replicate the issue first. You said you were using PPT, see if doing the same task crashes your Mac again, if ppt is the issue then check if you recently downloaded a MS update, if so, try rolling back and replicating the issue again. MS updates can cause issues occasionally.

3. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

It's under warranty? Take it back.

If it has crashed and rebooted an application shouldn't be able to do that.

4. Pedro Pinto thread starter macrumors member

Pedro Pinto

Hello there and thank you for your answer.
    I didn't understand your first question... neither the picture.
    I simply asked if MBP creates any kind of crash report (like it does with BSOD in windows) and if there is someone who can interpret/read it (in case it creates something).
    Thank you, once again.

Yes it is throAU.
    However, don't you think it's kind of premature to take it back just because of what I mentioned?
    Thank you :)

5. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

I'd seriously consider it. At least run the apple hardware test, sounds like dodgy memory to me, but the hardware (memory) test will confirm.

6. Pedro Pinto thread starter macrumors member

Pedro Pinto

7. snaky69 macrumors 603

Just to be clear, you're running OS X, not iOS(which is the mobile OS used in iPads, iPods and iPhones). They are completely different operating systems.

Software CAN cause a crash, unlike the other poster said. You're likely fine, you can probably blame Microsoft's very poor coding of their productivity apps for the crash.

What you're looking for is called the console log. Hit cmd+space and type console, it should come up as the first result.

8. Pedro Pinto thread starter macrumors member

Pedro Pinto

Nice to see you again snaky :)

Thank you for your response. Of course its Mac OS and not iOS. My fault!
    I actually thought software could cause it but I decided to ask it here.

You've talked about console and I already accessed it. However, I can't understand those logs :p