RMBP Fan's at full speed after waking system up?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sazza85, Aug 12, 2012.

1. sazza85 macrumors member

Have had my RMBP a few weeks now and love it. Although I closed the lid earlier and just returned to it lifting the lid up, all was fine for a few minutes then I heard this noise, to be honest I thought that it was raining really hard outside plus I have a fan on in my room. Took me a while to figure it out but the fans where running really high, so I checked the fan speeds and they where running at 5499rpm and 5944rpm but cpu usage at 0%.

I've attached a screen shot, so you can see that the system isn't running anything demanding, think the most i had open at the time was a blank document in pages....

Has this happened to anyone else? Shall be keeping an eye on it but was a bit strange...

Attached Files:

2. Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

How often does this happen to you?

3. sazza85 thread starter macrumors member

First time ever, really took me by surprise as the system has been running flawlessly, no issues what so ever - so much so that I've been wondering what everyones been complaining about with all these apparent 'faults'/'flaws'.

4. Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

It may just be a one time thing! So no worries :)

5. Hackintosh Sr. macrumors regular

Reset Smc for good measure. Probably nothing though

6. sazza85 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah that's what I'm hoping, I'll see if it happens again then I'll reset the Smc, if it was to happen again then I think a trip to apple would be in order, but hopefully it won't come to that. Was just more curious if it was something anyone else had experienced.

7. Youngesttim macrumors newbie

Youngesttim

I just experienced the same thing, shutting down, unplugging electricity, waiting a few seconds, then re-starting, seemed to fix...very interesting.

8. sushibariman macrumors newbie

Same problem

Even thought shutting it down can stop the fan problem, but why do us users have to do this everytime this happens?
    What kind of product is Apple releasing nowadays... Quality really isn't there anymore...