rMBP First Timer

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thedeske, Feb 10, 2015.

1. thedeske macrumors 6502a

Recent circumstances have me in a road warrior mode. Sold all my desktop equipment (over 20 years of Power Macs, Mac Pros, 27 inch iMacs, you name it) and purchased a used rMBP 13 for the short term or perhaps more.

Have to say the first few days were disconcerting. A long time desktop guy gets skinny and doesn't like it. Well, that's changing. A positive here. I'm settling into the small screen and the key is quite good on this late 2013 mid range model.

I've serviced clients on these, but never considered living on one, but it's not that bad. Speed is not an issue and the screen is winning me over. Retina? OK, but you have to get work done and not feel like you're pulling out a new set of glasses. Well, I'm not. Interesting.

I think I finally get the people who live on these. Not by choice here, but this little box can get you past the basics of real work.

Color me impressed ;)

2. TOMIMOT macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

welcome to the retina fam :D

3. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

4. thedeske thread starter macrumors 6502a

Worked on a recent Air and this is much better. Yes a 15 would be nice, but 1020 shipped on mine was a big factor. 8gb Ram/256/i5 - mid range late 2013 for cheap.